Looking for a robust backpack that will withstand almost anything that’s thrown at it? If you are currently shopping or researching 27L Backpacks then I have you covered. Today I’m reviewing the 2-Day Assault Backpack from the Mystery Ranch brand.
If you are a regular on our blog then you will know by now that we are massive Huckberry fans and big customers of theirs. We buy stuff all the time as their service and unique products are just unbeatable.
They stock products from loads of big brands and also lots of upcoming brands. They have an awesome eye for spotting gear and tech that no-one else even knows about yet.
Anyway, I saw this 2-Day Assault Backpack a while back and put it on my radar to buy. I went ahead and purchased it a few weeks ago and have had it out for a ‘test drive’ 2 times now.
One 17 mile hike and a full 2-day hike (about 31 miles) over the last fortnight. The weather on both was pretty miserable with heavy regular downpours on both trips.
How did the 2-Day Assault Backpack fair?
Very well indeed I’m pleased to report.
Being brand new it took a few miles for it to really loosen up but after that, it really felt amazing on my back. I had it pretty loaded for my hike but the weight felt evenly dispersed over my back and shoulders. So many backpacks fail at the first hurdle which is getting the straps aligned properly for good load distribution. Longer hikes will let you know if a backpack is good or not as you will be constantly fidgeting trying to move your pack into a more comfortable position.
Not this bad boy, it stays in place and secure and feel great over the shoulders. One thing that really sold me n this backpack was the removable web waist belts. These aid in weight distribution and are an awesome feature for longer treks.
All my gear was bone dry, even after slogging in pretty hard and prolonged downpours. The overflaps and very well stitched seams with waterproof liner and outter makes this a true all weather backpack.
There are just so many zips and cool little places to hide and keep all your gear separated and handy to reach when on the move and the water bottle holders are actually accessible without having to stop and fidget with your backpack to get access to your hydration.. WOW I mean how didn’t any other backpack designer think of this LOL..
Brand Mystery Ranch really has done an excellent job designing this 27 L 2-Day Assault Backpack, it really has been designed for survival and serious hiking adventures. Huckberry only ever lists products of the highest quality on their website so this backpack even making it onto their store was enough for me to take the plunge and buy it.
- The 27 L 2-Day Assault Backpack comes in 4 different color designs:
Desert + Hunter Orange
I went for the Desert + Hunter Orange Inner. It just looked much cooler than the others and the orange lining.
Check out the full specification of the 27 L 2-Day Assault Backpack below.
- Volume: 27 liters
- Weight: 3 lbs / 1.4 kg
- Torso Measurement: 17 – 24 in / 43 – 61 cm
- Waist Measurement: 30 – 40 in / 76 – 102 cm
27 L 2-Day Assault Backpack Features and benefits
- Exclusive edition in a stealthy Desert outer and bright Hunter Orange interior only available at Huckberry
- At 27 liters, this bag can fit enough gear for a weekend backpacking trip or everything you need to get you from home to the office to the gym
- Lightweight at just 3 lbs, the 2-Day Assault doesn’t weigh you down when on the move
- Main compartment has large open area for plenty of clothes, gear, and daily essentials
- Bright hunter orange interior makes it easier to find your gear in your pack
- Side zip access to floating, padded sleeve that fits laptops up to 15” and document/tablet sleeve pocket
- Adjustable yoke on shoulder straps allows for a comfortable fit
- Full-length frame stabilizes the bag and focuses even weight distribution
- MOLLE on exterior allows you to clip on additional gear
- Classic 3-ZIP design for easy, rapid access to the interior
- Multiple interior pockets for organization
- Dual interior mesh pockets
- External bottle pockets
- Removable web waist belt aids with weight distribution
Check it over on Huckberry HERE
Another feature that gives this the wow factor is the crazy bright orange interior lining, this makes navigating inside as it gets dark much easier. Such a simple yet really helpful feature I loved 🙂
There are a plethora of plus points on this bad boy I could mention but Huckberry really has nailed them all.
Skrimping and trying to save money when buying a backpack if you are any way serious about trekking, hiking or survival is like cutting off your nose to spite your face, it makes no sense whatsoever. Your backpack is your lifeline, you need what’s inside it to be dry, you need to have space for enough equipment to go on your trek and have gear for every eventuality. This 27 L 2-Day Assault Backpack ticks all boxes.
Not to mention it looks fantastic.
It’s not the cheapest, and it’s not the most expensive either but rest assured you will be hard pushed to find a better 27 L 2-Day Assault Backpack for the money.
Give yourself a real treat and check it out over on HUCKBERRY
Thanks for reading my 27 L 2-Day Assault Backpack Review. Do you own one? Have some questions? Pop a comment below.
Thanks for stopping by gogomountain.com